We're witnessing the next step of the Web Architecture evolution: after MPAs, SPAs, SSR, SSG/ISG, it's time for Server Components. Many questions arise, such as:
- does this architecture suit the needs of my business and my application?
- what are the benefits to expect?
- what are the downsides and do the benefits overweight them?
- and... aren't we actually taking a step back (!), since we're moving more operations back to the server?
Let's deconstruct the hype around Server Components, with a tiny bit of technical details behind React Server Components. Let's discover how the fusion of client-side interactivity and server-side efficiency optimizes web vitals and (r)evolutionizes web development.
Not aimed for beginners or intermediate users; it's designed for those who already have a solid understanding of the language and are ready to level up. We’ll delve deep into several advanced patterns in TypeScript that are battle-tested techniques discovered and honed by the TypeScript community. From low-level details to high-level architecture concepts, get ready to face some of TypeScript's most challenging and exciting features through interactive exercises.
1. Advanced Patterns Primer: Uncover patterns like branded types, value object, and configuring type compatibility that emerge from structural typing.
2. Branded Types: Learn to provide specific domain-related operations that don't easily interfere with primitives - and leverage this to make your app logic more robust and easier to maintain.
3. Type Predicates & Assertion Functions: Customize TypeScript's control flow and improve code inference to make your codebase more manageable.
4. Classical Patterns (Builder, Composite, Iterator, etc): Build on your knowledge of Generics to perform awe-inspiring feats of inference, developing entire data structures without manual type annotation.
5. External Libraries: Get down and dirty with external libraries, understanding how generics flow through them to debug type errors quickly.
6. Thinking on the Compiler Level: Understand the critical role of various TypeScript compiler internals, to understand the result and results, which are not explicitly written in your code.
What You'll Learn:
- Deepen your understanding of TypeScript's advanced features
- Navigate and resolve complex compiler errors
- Gain techniques for efficient domain modeling
- Master type controls to write cleaner and more reliable code
By the end of this hands-on workshop, you’ll be armed with a toolkit of advanced TypeScript skills and techniques, ready to tackle any coding challenge. Don't miss out on this opportunity to turbocharge your TypeScript game! 💪🤓