Angular has a number of distinct performance bottlenecks to alleviate, especially in larger applications. However, even though there is information available on the web on improving performance, mostly this knowledge is limited to change detection strategy OnPush and async pipe. This for sure is only a tiny fraction of what’s possible so it’s time to raise the bar and double down on optimization efforts!
The web has never been more exciting! But it has also never been as demanding to our devices and infrastructure as it is today. Our browsers ship new features, and languages get updates only to squeeze out the last bit of performance we can get. The problem here, there are no real resources out there that would show us how to apply those optimization techniques in practice, which can be especially painful when it comes to framework-specific questions.
This talk will feature the most up-to-date information to expand your knowledge of performance optimization techniques beyond the basics. In the end, you will go home with lots of exercises to guide you and a wealth of insights to work with, impressed by how much faster your application can get.
Together we will take a closer look at what an auditing process looks like. Then, we will discuss how to read Flame Charts, learn how to navigate through the network tab, and increase our knowledge of network analysis features. Finally, we will take a spin on the brand-new Angular Performance DevTools and compare them with the original ChromeDevTools.
- How to record and analyze flame charts
- How to document performance issues and measure improvements
- How to detect performance bottlenecks
- Hands on with Angular’s brand new DevTools
- Blocking tasks and how to spot scripting bottlenecks
- Network analysis and improvement strategies
- Change detection strategies & IVY features
- Best & bad performance practices for modifying the DOM Structure and CSS rendering
- Runtime performance of scripting, rendering, and painting
In this session, we will take a closer look at what an auditing process looks like, discuss how to read Flame Charts, learn how to navigate through the network tab, and increase our knowledge of network analysis features.